Like I mentioned on an earlier blog post this month, video conferencing or video calls are the next best thing to meeting people in real life. For this reason alone, I’m going to shed some light on one of the most under-discussed video conferencing platforms, and get this – FREE forever!
I’ve already spoken to you about Google Meet – my personal favorite, over Zoom, which had been plagued with security issues. I also recommend that you check out Facebook Rooms, for smaller group chats and also highly versatile for Facebook Marketers for deeper engagement with their social audience.
Jitsi Meet Video Conferencing is Free Forever
Just because Jitsi Meet absolutely is free doesn’t mean that it’s any less equipped to provide you with great security and awesome flexibility. It has been one of the most vital tools for both small and large teams working from home, individuals to work with multiple clients, run courses or training, online events etc.
For a Free tool, Jitsi Meet is packed with ‘premium’ features;
- It sounds better – It has HD audio with Opus
- It’s anonymous – No need for an account, ever!
- No downloading – At least on your Mac or PC. Just click & go. On mobile, there’s a free app. Still, there’s no login process.
- It keeps conversations private – with encryption by default (and advanced security settings)
- It’s developer-friendly – Modify and customize it to your heart’s content.
- It’s 100% open source!
Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free. And you don’t even need to create an account or log in to have a quick video chat or a really long one, with technically anyone who has an internet connection. You can chat one-on-one or with a really large group of people – like
What Can You Do With Jitsi Meet
- Share your desktop, presentations, and more
- Invite users to a conference via a simple, custom URL
- Edit documents together using Etherpad
- Pick fun meeting URLs for every meeting
- Trade messages and emojis while you video conference, with integrated chat.
Try It Out
You can do it right now. Just ONE caution though – make sure your meeting room name is superbly long. They automatically give you some good examples so if you want, you can use one of those names or make your own.
- Click here to go to Jitsi Meet
- Type in a loooong, fun, meeting room name
- Click the “Go” button
Aaand you’re ON!
You simply copy the meeting room code at the bottom and send it via chat, text, or email to the person or the group you want to have a video call with. OR publish it on social to have a virtual event type gathering. However, keep in mind it has a participant cap at 75 persons.
For much larger gatherings such as a conference type video call, you can stream a live Jitsi Meet to YouTube with some additional configuration.
The options are endless!
Take it for a spin and let me know what you think of this tool. Or if you’re already a user, what cool tricks can you teach the rest of us 😉
Get Unlimited Video Calls And Group Conferences With Jitsi Meet👇Tweet
Check out this growing list of FREE tools, services, and resources offered in support of small businesses facing the COVID-19 global crisis. 👇Tweet
Disclaimer: I don’t have any affiliation with the service provider at the time of publishing this post.